Monday, May 02, 2011

community


The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.
- Frederick Buechner

I have a dear friend who is in such dire straights at the moment that I feel humbled by my moaning over firewood and the like. Out of respect for her privacy, I won't go into the details of her issues at this time.

If you feel you are able to help her, please read her blog and see if there is anything you can do.

I can assure you that she is a wonderful and kind-heartened human-being who has shared and helped me and my children in the past.

4 comments:

Boo said...

love your huge heart Jackie ... thanks so much for letting us know. If we can't help each other who the hell can we help?

Janine said...

Jackie,
Thanks SO much for letting us know about Cadi and how we can help. I'm grateful to know how to help in some small way.
You are a wonderful person/friend ..... and I'm glad I can call you friend.
:)
Janine

Anonymous said...

Hi Jackie,

I have let the Louisville and Chicago area Waldorf communities that Claudia was involved with know what is going on as well. I copied your post for them in facebook. I am hoping that's ok with you. Thank you so much for posting this. She is such a wonderful mother. She is one of my very favorite people in the whole world!

Mindi

Unknown said...

Hi Jackie,
I don't know if you remember me, met you in Port Hardy when you came to visit with Jeff...when he was on the Zeal I think. So sorry for your loss, and for the children's loss. You have been in my thoughts often. Knew Jeff over the years working at Bear Cove, I worked in the office. You and the children made a big difference to his life, he became a happy soul. Reading your blog, thought I would drop you a line.
He is watching over you.
Say Hi to Greg Ralston for us, when you see him. :) Take care, and hugs to the kids.

NewfieDish
Beef & Gail