Thursday, November 23, 2006

I can't seem to keep up!!!

Okay. So lots has happened in the 20 or so days I haven't written.
My mom bought me a plane ticket to Kelowna for an early Christmas present; so Olivia, Briar and I all flew to visit my sister. We had a fabulous time!!! We didn't get much sleep due to being in a house with 3 babies that are all around 6 months and a sick four year old. We went on lots of walks and hung out. It was so great to talk to my sister without having to pick up the phone. Some days we end up talking three or four times on the phone, so it was great to talk about whatever popped into our heads. Her boys are so amazingly sweet. It's funny how you'd jump in front of a oncoming train only to save your own kids and then when you become an aunt, that list of kids you save suddenly grows. I love them to bits!!!!!!
Jeff is home and was treated to 5 days of rest and relaxation while we were gone. He had planned to sprawl out on the couch, eat pizza and be as loud as he wanted after 7 pm... He ended up finding the house too quiet and lonely without me and the little ones. Ha!! He stayed out in the garage and tinkered with his various projects because the house felt to 'weird'.
Olivia has come down with Briar's awful cold. You know she is feeling badly when she ASKS for a nap. She has laid on the couch almost all day today reading books and resting.
Briar slept on the plane both ways. The flight attendants held him while I got into our seats and thought he was pretty great. One said, " I can feel my biological clock ticking suddenly!!"
Olivia must have asked me 20 times if we were 'flying yet' while the plane sat idle at the terminal on our way to Kelowna. When we were finally in the air, she must have asked me 50 times "Is THAT Kelowna?!" On the way home, Olivia yelled repeatedly as we took off, "Bye, Tante Kirsten!! I'll miss you!!!"
To Be Continued....

No comments: