Sunday, December 03, 2006

Poor, sick Briar...

Well, now that I have pretty much caught up with the most recent photos, I can write a few words about what is now going on.
Poor, little Briar's cold has turned into pneumonia. He is on antibiotics and is feeling much better at the time of this update, so I am feeling a little less tense. It just goes to show that as a mommy, you have to trust your gut. I have taken him to the doctor about 5 times in the last month just feeling that something wasn't right and he wasn't doing as well as he should be for a cold. Poor little Rabbit....
Olivia was in the Sooke Santa Claus Parade yesterday. She was a 'snowflake' (costumes were very subject to interpretation-she was dressed in white, essentially). I ended up walking with her in it, so I guess I was in the parade as well. Briar slept through his parade debut in the baby bjorn. We were supposed to hand out candy canes to kids along the parade route...Olivia didn't really want to do it. She was pretty shy about walking up to these other kids. I didn't want to just 'chuck' them as they kept landing in puddles of slush and I was feeling a bit shy about it myself, I must admit...We have ended up with a bag of mini candy canes. All the other mommies had handed theirs out so I had to smuggle ours into our car afterward so as not to be found out ;)
Jeff went up to Port Hardy on Friday to pick up some gear from the boat and to put some antifreeze in some part (Is my lack of boat knowledge showing?). On his way up there, he was witness to a head on collision on the highway North of Sayward. Other car witnessed it as well , but kept on driving!! I can't imagine... Anyhow, Jeff was able to put his recent First Aid upgrade to good use. I am so proud of him. He pulled a 'McGyver' and stopped one man's bleeding by using black electrical tape to apply pressure since he didn't have enough hands!! He used his sweatshirts as neck braces and a wood pallet as a stretcher to get a man out of his car when it looked like the car was going to catch on fire. Another man in a semi stopped and helped as well, eventually. There was no cellphone reception so the man with the semi used a satellite radio to call the police. It took an HOUR for them to get there and an HOUR and a HALF for the ambulance to get there. Anyhow, Jeff says he kept having to pinch himself to make sure it wasn't a dream... I think it was pretty surreal. Anyhow, YAY Jeff!!!
For any of you who are interested here is link to my sister's blog: http://hannamredding.blogspot.com/ There are some pictures on there from our trip to Kelowna as well as some wonderful pictures of my sweet, little nephews.

No comments: