Sunday, January 27, 2008

Candlemas, Imbolc or Groundhog Day?

I am loving learning about various celebrations and traditions around the world as of late. I really enjoy learning about their roots and the stories attached. I have fallen in love with the legends regarding Brigid (known as St. Brigid as well). My head is swimming with info about her at the moment though and I seem unable to come up with a clear and concise description of this Goddess/Saint. I'll try at a later time....maybe.....

Anyhow, I've decided to celebrate Imbolc/Candlemas/Groundhog Day with Liv. We'll make some earth candles (melt wax into depressions made in the soil and add a wick) and burn them on the evening of Feb.1st.
We'll also try to make this St.Brigid's cross.....

How to make a St. Brigid's Cross

No comments: