Wednesday, June 10, 2009

too cute


I've just finished making a matching set of dresses for two sisters. The picture is rather impromtu (and the larger dress needs to be ironed) but I think they turned out so sweet!!
I've got a couple of other dresses on the go for custom orders too. I'm thinking of adding another few styles in awhile and possibly a couple of adult peasant tops...maybe.
It's so wonderful to feel that I can do something to put food on our plates and clothes on our backs by my hands. I feel useful and self-sufficient.
I've made a few dresses for the shop but my poor little model is sick now and I'll have to wait until she's up to snuff to post them in my shop.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

please make the adult peasant tops! i will buy one..... ;)

Jenn said...

oh, my gravy! for some reason, i didn't even think of getting one for the baby!! what a great idea!

she definitely needs one...can you do a size 18-24 months?

Robin Stewart said...

I am so thrilled with the results of these dresses Jackie, I can't wait to get them on the girls and have a photo session.

Jill said...

At first I thought the little one was for a doll... that might be an idea for you to consider... I know that people spend a fortune for
American Girl dolls to have matching outfits with the real girls that own them.

So nice to see these are doing well for you!

leigh in the sav said...

love your creativity and style! i think the adult tops would be very well-received!

congrats on your fun (and successful!) enterprise!

Anonymous said...

I would totally buy the dress on the left for ME! Do you do custom adult sizes?

World Wide Alternative said...

OH! Matchy-matchy! Gotta have 'em! XXxx

V said...

Jackie!! Those dresses are so freaking cute!!!! I love the patterns you are choosing. I'll sneak on Etsy tonight after the kids are in bed :o)

AlaskanGirl said...

Yes-Peasant Tops!!! If I had kids (rather, a daughter) I'd consider a dress, but I love the idea of a peasant top! Sooo cute