Tuesday, August 04, 2009

my favourite


I have an addiction. It's a fabric addiction. Oh! The amount of time I spend sitting in front of my computer drooling and thinking of all the things I would make with said fabric is criminal. The house and children are neglected by my affliction. Often when I buy the fabric, I'll covet it so much that I am unable to make anything with it for fear of 'wrecking' it.

I bought the fabric for this most recent dress and had imagined myself wearing a peasant blouse or carrying a new bag fashioned from the breathtakingly patterned fabric...Well, I forced myself to share the love rather than hordeing it in my sewing area.

The resulting dress is one of my favourites. I only wish it fit me....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a fabric addiction, too. Sadly it's much easier to buy than it is to sew, and this is why I have rubbermaid bins full to overflowing in my garage. It doesn't stop me from spending hours surfing for new finds, though.

And I love that dress!

nomi said...

That is FANTASTIC fabric!

Debbie said...

Hi Jackie,
I love this fabric too! My niece looks so cute in her dress made from this same fabric! Thank you!!
Debbie

Annie said...

I almost bought that same fabric last week for a hat I'm making! Great choice!

V said...

I love that fabric too and that dress looks so beautiful on Olivia!

Can I have that one too??? Pretty pretty please!

I'll contact you again on Facebook to get the proces rolling on that dress plus the brown Russian doll dress too. :o)

Jill said...

ummm.. I'd snatch up a bag made from that fabric.... I have a homemade purse addition.