Saturday, July 05, 2008

deer-y me

Last night on the way home from a wonderful day and BBQ with Erin and family, we came across a herd (is that what you call it?) of deer at the side of the road. Six bucks and one doe. They were so tame. I managed to get pretty close. The kids were up way too late and were freaking out in the car, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked. But it was COOL! I wonder if they were all related?
They would look at things in unison. They were checkingout a barking dog. I managed to sneak up from behind while they weren't watching me.
I want to touch their antlers. Are they as soft and velvety as they look?

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Aren't they stunning? My daughters kindagym instructor is leaving to go travelling in Canada. We have been talking lots about Canada and now she decided to wants to go to Canada to 'see the bears and the trees.' I loved my time in Canada and I was lucky enough to see some bears! Maybe oneday we will get back there and drop in and say hi!

Anonymous said...

Deer teaches us to use the power of gentleness
to touch the hearts and minds of
wounded beings who are in our lives.

Don't push towards change in others,
rather gently nudge them in right direction
with the love that comes from a Deer totem.

When a Deer totem shows up in your life,
a new innocence and freshness in about to be awakened.
There is going to be a gentle lure of new adventures.
There will be an opportunity to express the gentle love
that will open new doors for you.