Friday, July 25, 2008

part ll: the next leg

We were home for one night in between the two parts of our 'journey'. Just enough time for a shower, two loads of laundry and to pack up again. Here are some pictures from the first part of our week. The kids are having a great time and I'm enjoying the company of friends. See you in a few days! I love sitting by the lake and listening to the silence while gazing at the moon. So condusive to sorting out problems...causes a few tears though...
It was fabulous having extra hands everywhere to cuddle kids and make sure they weren't lost in the woods...
It was awesome that Penny was with us!
Sleepin' in the car...
Look! I put up the tent all by myself....even faster than Jeff. He DIDN'T throw out the instructions afterall and I USED them. Easy as pie. Really.
Liv's fairy house...The lakefront of our campsite...
Diesel, the wonder dog (Marnie's)...
Liv has been in constant motion for the last few days...
DUSTY car....
Kirk in the boat with the kids - on land....
Serious snorkeller...(is that a word?)
Making of the fairy house...
A tonne of lake fun...
Lots of walks...
Briar's buddy for the trip, Mickey (Marnie's too)...





7 comments:

sari said...

It looks like you all are having a great time.

I love the fairy house.

Your kids are really beautiful, it's nice to see their smiling faces.

Sue said...

Great to see that you and the kids have a good time.
I think often at you, and I'm sure many other people send some good vibes your way as well!
:0)
Canadian summer rock!!
Hope you continue to enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

A fairy house - beyond awesome! Tell your daughter there's someone who thinks it's just perfect.

Beautiful pictures - such a lovely family and it's wonderful to see you all smiling.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Victoria said...

It looks so great - happy you're having such a fun time, long may the holiday last.

Rachael said...

Hi there love, I have missed you! Did you see my news...After a scary 24 hours, all is fine! Baby due end of January...xxx

Hawkfeather said...

reminds me of the tiny faerie houses my girl made when she was young (14 now)

I remember at night once sneaking out to put birthday candles in for the faeries to have light- so they could have a party and we watched for ever.. watching the twinkle of the faerie house..

we had a faerie tribe where I live for a while- mostly mommas who would do walks in the woods to look.. usually dressed in their finest fae garb..


Looks like a gorgeous lake.. a very special place to be with friends and your sweet children.

have so SO much fun!!

Delena said...

Looks like you had a great time. Glad to see all the fun!