Tuesday, May 27, 2008

allergic

So it has been determined that I am allergic to a certain antibiotic used to treat strep throat...

I know this now because of this....

but not just my stomach. My scalp, the palms of my hands, my thighs, my arms, pits, etc....everywhere....

I tried to treat it with antihistamines and anything I could find in the way of home remedy on the internet. I came up with a recipe of:

3 cups oatmeal
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup cream of tartar
2 tbsp basil

added to a lukewarm bath.

Don't try it. It doesn't work. It does smell nice, though. ;)

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh gosh, you poor thing, it looks so sore. I hope you find something that works relieves it fast. I wish I had a secret potion.

Anonymous said...

It is still there? Oh my your fingers must be sore from scratching.

RunninL8 said...

OH MY GOSH!!! OW. Does it totally itch?
This reminds me of the PUPS rash I had at the end of my pregnancy. It was so horrible that I would have strongly reconsidered having another child(if we hadn't already planned to not have more kids!)
I would lay awake at night trying to keep from itching my fingers but to no avail. You would think that my hands would have caught fire from the friction of rubbing them together! Then they would just BURN. Which was worse?!

They had me soaking in a bath just like yours except it was ginger powder!
I hope it clears up for you right away!!!!