Friday, May 09, 2008

gross


Kids do disgusting things. Olivia once put some greenish coloured internal organ from a rodent in her mouth after she found it on the steps...A gift left by the cat. Briar has licked that slime that runs down the upper lip of a cold laden child before you manage to get a tissue to it. Both make me feel slightly nauseated.
But this. This grosses me out so badly. I came into the kitchen to find Liv filling the popsicle makers with milk. Milk! She insisted that she wanted milk popsicles even during my protestations. So I let her do it with the stipulation that she eats them all....No wasting milk. (Now that I've been a nursing mother I feel quite strongly about milk wastage).
I thought it may teach her a lesson about....I don't know what. I just thought she'd learn that milk popsicles are gross.
Turns out they both like them. It turns my stomach. I have to not watch.

3 comments:

Wendy Mewhort said...

That's funny.
Three months ago Serena decided to do the same thing... although she decided to use every liquid in the house... including pickle juice from the pickle jar.
BLECHK!... But not for her- she ate (sucked) the whole thing... and the cow's milk one, and the choc. soy milk one, and the *plain* water one.
Goes to show you they just LOVE to experiment- no matter how much rolling of the eyes I do, they just love to learn for themselves.
Take care,
Hopefully we'll see you soon,
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Currently in my freezer is a stainless steel bowl (my favorite sized one) filled with whipped egg white and half a bottle of red food colouring. It is understood that this is not for eating due to salmonella, but there it sits taking up space and frightening me every time I open up the freezer!

Colleen

Anonymous said...

Jamie says he wants to try making milk popsicles now too!

Colleen