- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour (we used whole wheat flour here as it was what I had on hand)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp butter
*Preheat the oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Put the milk and butter in a small saucer pan on the stove to warm.
- Beat eggs.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla to the beaten eggs.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the warmed milk and butter from the stove.
- Pour into a greased 9x11 cake pan and bake for 30 minutes.
While the cake is baking, make the topping...
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (very packed)
- 1 cup coconut
- Put ingredients into the small saucepan and warm until the butter is melted and mixed with the coconut and brown sugar.
- When the cake is done, pat the topping on and put the cake back in the oven for a few minutes to brown the coconut yumminess.