Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter-y festivities

We went for an Easter egg hunt and hay ride at a local farm and market today. It was a bit of an...experience. The idea was lovely. The concept was great! The follow-through wasn't so rosey. I won't go into all the details as it may be pretty boring (and sound as if I am just complaining about spending $10.50 on a 'crappy' experience.)

BUT, I will say that I do not suggest hosting an Easter egg hunt in a field where many sheep and goats have recently grazed and therefore POOPED. *internal shudder* Chocolate and crap are brown. People walk on the brown poo and the brown (although mostly tinfoil wrapped) chocolate eggs that are strewn on the ground BESIDE OR ON the poop and little hands pick it up and eat it....the chocolate and the crap. Gives new meaning to crappy chocolate, doesn't it? Now what are the signs for E.Coli so I can keep an eye out for them?
We did have a moment of hilarity, though, when the kids were waiting for the Easter Bunny's appearance....
and saw this....


That slayed me!! It was so....odd. This beautiful natural setting suddenly marred by this mangy, moth-eaten, ill-fitting costume of an ENORMOUS rabbit. He hopped into the setting, waved, hopped out and sat behind a tree occasionally peeking out and waving. I can imagine that he was tuckered out from leaping about in that ridiculous rabbit-shaped monstrosity and had to sit down and smoke a cigarette. (Not that I condone smoking at all, it just looked like that sort of situation). I don't know WHAT I was expecting but it reminded me of that scene in 'A Christmas Story' where Ralphie goes to see Santa. Pure hilarity!
Liv later told me that she didn't think that it was the 'real' Easter bunny because she could see hair out the back of his gargantuan head and his eyes were way too big.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

This is hilarious! What on earth is that mad bunny doing? I can not believe that small children didn't go into screaming fits on seeing this! But after eating chocolate coated poop they were probably ready to take on anything! Have a lovely Easter. PS - it is OK to whinge about crappy experiences - remind me to tell you about the 'Agricultural Show' we went to...

World Wide Alternative said...

Pah! Hahahahhahha!
It's so funny you mentioned smoking 'cause oddly enough that's the first thing I thought when I saw him.
Ewwwwwww...on the chocolate covered poop, you & rach have got me in stitches...Xxx