Saturday, March 15, 2008

SUCCESS!!!!!!!

We made bread! Edible bread!!!! Hope is restored! That recipe rocks, man!!! How come anyone uses anything else??? Rises only once?! Four ingredients?! Fab!

I made some leaves (to signify Spring) for the front door wreath. It still had the hearts from Valentine's on it. I toyed with the idea of eggs or chicks but decided that there is no such thing as 'Labour Day eggs'. ;) I may add some flowers soon....
We had an amazing lay-on-the-floor-and-make-cupcakes-and-sing kind of day. It was fabulously relaxing and SO needed. The sun came out and we blew bubbles outside. It felt like a Sunday from when I was little - quiet and mellow.

I got some fabulous pictures of the kids today. I'm trying to think of a creative way to make them into a birthday gift for Jeff to take along with him while he's at sea. Any ideas?

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Bread looks great - will certainly try that recipe. Will put my thinking cap on regarding the birthday gift - I will get back to you on it! Have a lovely weekend.

thegoodwitch said...

I'm sooo happy! That post really made my day, and more importantly, it made bread for your family to gobble, gobble, gobble.

*grinning from ear to ear*

Carle said...

Hi Jackie,
Hope your bread is now easy to make... If not, I have a no need to kneed bread recipe that I can share with you. We make it 4 days a week and Im really busy so it needs to be fast. Drop me a note if you want it.

the puRple gRasshoppeR said...

Hi Jackie,
Loved that you stop at my blog because now I have a new place to stop and get inspired. Absolutely dig your posts. You and your kiddos have put my brain into reflection mode and rethink about things that many times I forget how important they are. some little and some big!! if you don't mind I'll be a regular visitor of your fantastic blog.
So many thanks for sharing!!!! and ohh that bread looks good!!!!

Unknown said...

i love those little leaves on the wreath. so cute.