Saturday, March 22, 2008

my butterfly box

If you're part of my family or friends that I send gifts to, look away! I am thinking this may be this year's Christmas gift.....

I found this and had to try it myself. This one, Liv and I actually made for my sister for Easter but couldn't keep it a surprise and gave it to her right away. We tried with various types of paper but found many of them too floppy and flimsy. We settled on Amy Butler mat paper. It was the perfect thickness. It even allowed me to roll the edges up on the top and bottom a bit to make them more 'life-like'.
I made this one and thought I'd keep it for myself. I think I may make myself another as I would really like some vibrant blues in there too. Anyhow, I'm addicted....

It looks like it is sitting on my lampshade. It's not in real life.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

They are gorgeous Jackie - you are a clever thing. Hope you have had a lovely Easter.

the puRple gRasshoppeR said...

oh they are gorgeous!!! I can see how you are addicted . loved them!!
Your Easter post made me laugh so much !!!!!!
can't believe that Easter Bunny, a very surreal experience indeed.!!

Rachael said...

Where are you Jackie? Hope all is well...

World Wide Alternative said...

Cute, cute cute! Xxx

SewingMama said...

Hi, I know you have an etsy account and I think you need to sell these on there. My wedding is next year and I think this would make such a pretty unique gift that I could give my bridesmaids. I'd need three of them so Let me know asap how much the styles you can make. I'm so very serious and I hope you can make them for me! ~Diana